The Department of Mental and Behavioral Disorders
Mikhail M. Vazhenin: chief of the department, PhD in Medicine. The scope of research activities: psychiatry, psychotherapy, study and implementation of the advanced multi-disciplinary psychotherapeutic technologies, development of psychotherapeutic standards for treatment of anxiety disorders.
Fedor P. Khlebokazov: senior researcher, PhD in Medicine. The scope of research activities: psychiatry, neuropsychology, clinical neurophysiology and epileptology.
Marina I. Tukalo: senior researcher, PhD in Medicine. The scope of research activities: transcranial magnetic stimulation, clinical neurophysiology.
Mikhail V. Makhrov: researcher. The scope of research activities: psychiatry, magnetic therapy for mental and behavioral disorders in epilepsy patients.
Pavel P. Korolevich: researcher. The scope of research activities: electroconvulsive therapy, treatment of mental epilepsy-related disorders, device-assisted methods for diagnostics and treatment of mental and behavioral disorders (sleep EEG, video EEG monitoring).
Olga Y. Zakharevich: researcher. The scope of research activities: pathopsychological diagnostics, neuropsychological diagnostics in children, psychodiagnostics and psychocorrection of autism spectrum disorders.
Mariya N. Trushchenko: researcher, medical psychologist. The scope of research activities: neuropsychological and pathopsychological diagnostics, neurophysiology, hypnotherapy.
Tatyana O. Budko: researcher. The scope of research activities: pathopsychological diagnostics and neuropsychological diagnostics of anxiety and depressive disorders and Alzheimer’s disease.
K.A. Bondar: researcher. The scope of research activities: neurodiagnostics and rehabilitation in psychiatry.
S.A. Marchuk: researcher. The scope of research activities: molecular and genetic diagnostics of autism spectrum disorders.
E.A. Sheremet: researcher, addiction psychiatrist. The scope of research activities: clinical and biological manifestations of dementia in patients with Alzheimer’s disease considering genetic factors.
Aleksandr I. Martynenko: laboratory technician.
Key research activities and developments:
- Technologies for the provision of medical care to the patients with anxiety and depressive disorders;
- Treatment of schizophrenia patients based on pharmacogenetic and pharmacoeconomic analysis;
- Development of the proposals for the optimal use of psychotropic drugs;
- Multidisciplinary approach to diagnostics and provision of a regular care to the children with autism disorders;
- Psychophysiological technologies used to ensure safe working conditions of the staff of the nuclear power plant;
- Detection of prion diseases in the patients with neurodegenerative pathology;
- Epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnostics, treatment and rehabilitation of the epilepsy patients, a therapeutic anti-epileptic potential of autologous stem cells;
- Neurophysiological mechanisms of the brain activity in case of organic non-psychotic disorders and use of coherent analysis of EEG to diagnose them.
- The method for the detection of polymorphic genes CYP2D6, CYP1A2 and CYP2C9 in the patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders;
- The method for treatment of mood disorders using trancranial magnetic stimulation;
- The method for assessment of the risks for autism spectrum disorders;
- The method of clinical laboratory diagnostics of Alzheimer’s disease;
- The method for treatment of speech disorders in children with autism using transcranial direct current stimulation;
- The method for the detection of epileptic activity;
- The method for the detection of polymorphic gene MDR1 in the patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders;
- The psychotherapeutic method of treatment of computer addiction in teenagers and young people;
- The method for diagnostics of computer addiction in teenagers and young people;
- The method for treatment of resistant mental and behavioral disorders using electroconvulsive therapy;
- The method for outpatient treatment of resistant mental disorders using electroconvulsive therapy;
- The method for diagnostics of game addiction;
- The method for treatment of symptomatic epilepsy with the help of autologous bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells;
- The method of neurocognitive rehabilitation of schizophrenia patients;
- The procedure for diagnostics of diffuse organic brain damage in case of neurosis-like disorders;
- The method for diagnostics of epileptic activity;
- The method of diagnostic of stress-related neurotic disorders and organic neurosis-like disorders based on the results of coherent analysis of EEG;
- The method of differentiated assessment of the brain functions in the patients with organic mental disorders and schizophrenia based on the results of period and spectral analysis of EEG.
- The use of transcranial magnetic therapy as a part of the combined therapy for epilepsy patients;
- The procedure for selection of drugs for relief of paroxysmal events;
- The method for assessment of mental state of the persons exposed to antenatal irradiation and indications for the provision of psychological aid to them;
- The method of short-term cognitive behavioral psychotherapy for anxiety and depressive disorders;
- Psychological trainings and education for the parents, whose children have autism spectrum disorders;
- The method of provision of individual psychological counseling to cancer patients.