To diagnose and treat a disease, our specialists use the bio-psycho-social model to assess the nature and course of mental disorders. According to the bio-psycho-social model there is a strong link between an individual’s physiological, psychological and social experience and the development and manifestation of a mental disorder.
The bio-psycho-social model ensures an individual approach in treatment of each patient and allows prescribing relevant preventive activities and treatment. The bio-psycho-social approach is implemented by the multi-disciplinary teams of medical specialists, including physicians, nurses, psychologists and social workers.
We carry out diagnostics in accordance with the Clinical protocol for the provision of medical care to the patient with mental and behavioral disorders.
Below is more detailed information about each element of the bio-psycho-social model:
Methods of biological therapy:
- pharmacotherapy (drug treatment);
- electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
Types of drugs used in psychiatry:
- neuroleptics (antipsychotics) are used to treat the patients with hallucinations, delusions, frenzies;
- antidepressants are used to treat various types of depressions and anxiety-depressive disorders;
- soporific drugs and tranquilizers are used for the treatment of sleep disorders, anxiety and emotional instability;
- mood stabilizers are used to retain the therapeutic effect after treatment of depressions and bipolar disorders;
- nootropics are used to improve the brain functions in the patients with fatigue, post-traumatic disorders, cerebral infections and atherosclerosis;
- anticonvulsants are used for the treatment of epilepsy and other disorders accompanied by seizures and paroxysmal disorders.
The above-mentioned groups of drugs are psychoactive substances. Some of them are addiction-forming. Such drugs, regimen and dosage shall be prescribed by your physician only. Often a patient shall take a prescribed drug for a long time to achieve the desired therapeutic effect. A proper fulfillment of your physician’s prescriptions is the key to recovery, prevention of acute conditions, maintenance of social and working abilities.
Psychological aid and various types of psychotherapy are a vital part of treatment of mental disorders.
Our psychologist and psychotherapists carry out:
- experimental psychological testing;
- psychological assessment of a patient’s emotional condition, cognitive and personal characteristics;
- consultation on coping with life difficulties;
- psychological trainings for patients and their relatives.
Our specialists use rational emotive behavior therapy, psychoanalysis, transactional analysis, Gestalt therapy and family therapy, etc. They work with patients individually and in groups. There are also permanent trainings for inpatients, e.g. personal growth trainings, communications trainings, addiction treatment groups. Some of our psychologists provide consultations to patients’ family members.
According to the bio-psycho-social model, the social element is an important part of the prevention of mental disorders. Social problems may wipe out the results of successful treatment.
Obviously, we can’t change the social environment habitual to our patients. However, we try to prepare the patients for some changes, while they stay in our center.
Our social workers:
- carry out individual and group trainings with the patients;
- detect the patients, who need social care, and assess the severity of social problems;
- determine the reasons of social problems, decide on the type and volume of social aid and services;
- execute a patient’s social passport;
- assist in preparation and execution of the documents required to get social aid/social security by the patient (either permanently or temporarily), and the documents for custody and guardianship;
- consult the patients of the center on the issues relating to social aid and social services;
- cooperate with the relevant governmental, public, religious organizations and institutions on the provision of social care to the patients.
- Anonymous treatment of addictions
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Laboratory Tests
- Treatment of alcohol-related disorders
- Treatment of anxiety and depressive disorders
- Treatment of dementia
- Treatment of epilepsy (paroxysmal disorders)
- Treatment of psychosomatic disorders
- Treatment of the smoking blend-related disorders